The 7in tablet's codename is now "Flying Squirrel". Many thanks to specing for the random conversation which resulted in this name being chosen.
- IPS display critical
- 1024 pixels minimum
- camera in middle (corner not ok, little bit off ok)
- 7in 300g,350g target (not including packaging)
- 9 or 10in, under 600g if possible
- how does it feel? what does case look like? what shape?
- single or dual injection moulding?
- painted or dyed plastic
- WIFI (PCIe module, ATH9K)
- Camera 0.3M front only, centred.
- To decide: Micro Ethernet port
- To decide: eSATA port
- For more information, see News page.
- Schematics are in progress.
- Separate page for the development of the pcb.
- List of components for the 7in tablet 7in bom, costings being sourced.
- (aaron) Choose Tablet size for KDE product (10in, 7in or even both)
- (fsf,lkcl,aaron) Confirm specs of tablet(s)
- (lkcl) Identify designer of tablet casework and I/O board
- (lkcl) Identify manufacturer of tablet
- (lkcl) source touchpanel manufacturer
- (lkcl) Confirm source, supply of A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card
- (lkcl) Confirm designer, source, supply of AM3892 EOMA-68 CPU Card (mistral?)
- (lkcl? aaron?) Port OpenEC2 to STM32F (and RTEMS?) on tablet I/O board
- (aaron) Port Plasma OS to Tablet with A10 CPU Card
- (aaron) Port Plasma OS to Tablet with AM3892 CPU Card
- (lkcl,fsf) Write crowd-funding web site for FSF
- (fsf) Choose Tablet size for FSF product (decision: go with KDE 7in size first)
- (fsf) For (future!) 10in tablet, consider builtin SATA hard drive (or SSD)