Casework for the 15.6in EOMA68 Laptop Housing
- Maximum 0.4mm nozzle (don't try 0.5mm or above). See this blog post for more information: http://www.tridimake.com/2013/05/3d-printing-with-smaller-nozzle-diameter.html
- Set layer height 0.15mm or below (details are more finer with lower layer height but takes longer to print)
- Use a corexy or a cartesian printer - please don't use a delta
- Print bed: minimum 200mmx200mm
- Consider getting a 3mm hot-end and make sure it can do over 300C – you might need to do nylon or PolyCarbonate for the hinges
- Duet 0.8.5 or duet-ng controller board
- DO NOT use ANY board that has "separate modules" for the motor controllers.
- DO NOT under ANY circumstances get a "RAMBO" or any other type of "modular" design.
Do your research really carefully when choosing 3D printer (or its parts).
3D printer accessories
- Consider getting some PrintBite (search online)
- Filament from Faberdashery.co.uk (needs reasoning)