Zipit Z2 is an old handheld device which have the some docs and source code released when it reached end of life. There is old stock still for sale from hinv on the irc channel. He is on the channel now and then. arossdotme has bits to make goodie packs for no-profit-unless-u-add-some sale too.
More info about hardware and software distros for it: https://mozzwald.com/zipitz2
You can find people idling and discussing Zipit on the: IRC channel: #zipit Server: freenode.net
Concept: The idea is to replace the Zipit mainboard with a new board containing an eoma68 socket while keeping the same board layout.
- Top case (LMS283GF05 - Samsung 320×240 LCD) and silicon keypad is reused
- 3D Printed replacement bottom shell https://mozzwald.com/articles/2016/07/03/expanded-zipit-bottom-case-my-first-3d-printing-adventure
- Keypad layout matching original (TCA8418 I2C Keyboard Matrix IC)
- Battery powered/Lipo charging
- USB Host Ports/Hub
- Hall-effect sensor for lid close/open detection (like original Zipit)
- Possible onboard Wifi (Zipit contains antenna with ufl connector)
Viability depends on availability of the 40 pin IPEX LCD connector (20374-R40E-31) to be placed on the replacement mainboard.
footnotes: The model name is Z2 but often refereed to as just "Zipit". There was a model before Z2 but it was less of a generic computer. ie black and white, old simple lcd tech. from the early 2000s.