Texas Instruments AM389x Series
The TI AM389x Series is based around an ARM Cortex A8 core. The DM816x Series is identical to the AM389x and adds a TMS320 DSP core. The AM3892 version, having no proprietary 3D Graphics Engine, would be suitable for FSF Hardware Endorsement.
An EOMA-68 CPU Card for this range would include the AM3892, AM3894, TMS320DM8165 through to TMS320DM8167, as well as the C6A816x series, all of which are pin-compatible.
The AM389x/DM816x series all have 2 32-bit-wide DDR3 RAM interfaces which can take up to 1600mhz DDR3 RAM.
- full schematics available with EOMA-68 schematics under development.
- AM3892 (1.2ghz ARM Cortex A8) 1k pricing: $32.
- TI Info on 389x
- TI info on TMS320DM8165: $78 in 1k
- Discussion on beagleboard forum.
- There is also a news page for up-to-date information about this project.
If you would like an EOMA-68-compliant CPU module to be made based around adapting the EVM816x schematics, please register for an AM3892 preorder here.
Also we recommend that you subscribe to the email@example.com mailing list and make yourself known: feel free to ask questions.