EOMA68 15.6in Libre Laptop: PCB2
PCB2 contains the Embedded Controller (STM32F072) for the keyboard, 4.3in LCD with Capacitive Touchpanel (acting as a mousepad), RTC, Battery status monitor, power button and mini games console if you are happy with space invaders, asteroids and pong.
Schematics and datasheets
- http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/laptop_15in (look for PCB2)
Getting hold of a development environment
- Source an STM32F072-NUCLEO
- Get a soldering iron and associated kit
- obtain a Chicony keyboard MP-03756GB-5287 DO NOT BUY FROM AJPARTS OR ANY OF THEIR ALIASES ON EBAY. French AZERTY variant is MP-03756F0-5282 x obtain an FPC24 1mm pitch, BOTTOM CONTACT from Digikey (or other supplier)
- obtain some wires
- find a random unneeded USB cable and cut it. TODO: wiring instructions.
Brief Firmware install, build and upload instructions
Assuming development is on debian:
- obtain an arm-none-eabi-gcc gcc cross-compiler and set it up or use "apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi"). Note: gcc-arm-embedded is another line of enquiry to track down on search engines that works well.
- obtain dfu-util (source is available at http://dfu-util.sourceforge.net/) or use "apt-get install dfu-util"
- apt-get install build-essential git
- git clone git://github.com/aaribaud/libopencm3.git
- cd libopencm3
- git checkout e660ac5fd5a522b685a372e6662837d1cc37d27f
- export OPENCM3_DIR=
- follow the build instructions for libopencm3 (see README)
- cd back to a preferred location
- git clone http://git.rhombus-tech.net/p=eoma-firmware.git
- cd eoma68/laptop_15in_pcb2/src
- make usbhid.bin
- make dfu